AIDS TO NAVIGATION
DNR Hydrographic Operations works with the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) to mark the major channels for the State of Maryland and places regulatory and danger buoys and signs statewide.
Notice of missing, damaged, or off station Aids to Navigation should be reported to the USCG Sector Baltimore at 410-576-2525.
To obtain a new buoys or sign, or to request relocation of an existing buoy complete and submit a Buoy Request Form.
For more information on this program, please contact Ann Williams by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (410) 643-6521. As always, the Department will continue to mark navigational channels, speeds zones and hazards.
Chesapeake Bay Hotline
Call 1-877-224-7229to report any of the following
- Boating accident or reckless activity
- Fish kill or algal bloom
- Floating debris that poses a hazard to navigation
- Illegal fishing activity
- Public sewer leak or overflow
- Oil or hazardous material spill
- Critical area or wetlands violation
- Suspicious or unusual activity