Climate Change Impact Area Mapper
The Climate Change Impact Area Mapper is an online tool provided by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources for management decision-making, planning and education purposes. The Climate Change Impact Area Mapper brings together multiple data layers from different sources to illustrate land areas in Maryland that are projected to be the most sensitive to anticipated changes in climate. The layers include areas vulnerable to sea level rise, storm surge, flooding, drought, and rising temperatures.
Every reasonable effort has been made to provide complete and accurate information and to produce high-quality map information. The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) provides this information with no guarantees of its accuracy, reliability, correctness, or completeness. Users rely on the information contained in the Climate Change Impact Area Mapper at their own risk, and any conclusions drawn from such information are done at the sole risk and the responsibility of the user. The data, maps, and information provided should be used only as a screening-level tool for management and planning decisions.
The Climate Change Impact Area Mapper is a compilation of multiple data layers from different sources, and thus is challenged by spatial and temporal scales. In many instances, the information was created and is maintained by other federal, state and local governments as well as the commercial entities. DNR has collected these data and made them available in a read-only format for management decision-making, planning and education purposes, only. If you have any questions about this viewer, please contact Zoë Johnson at Zoe.Johnson@Maryland.Gov.
Note: Maps work best in a Firefox, Safari, or Google Chrome browsers. Some layers are only visible at closer zoom levels.
News & Events
- Governor O’Malley Signs Bills to Prepare for Impacts of Climate Change and Extreme Weather
- Maryland Issues New Guidelines for State Construction in Areas Vulnerable To Coastal Flooding and Sea Level Rise
- Governor O'Malley Releases Final Greenhouse Gas Reduction Plan
- New Sea Level Rise Projections issued for Maryland
- Statement from Governor Martin O’Malley on President Obama’s Climate Action Plan
- Governor O'Malley Signs Executive Order Helping State Prepare for Climate Change and Extreme Weather
- Climate Change and "Coast Smart" Construction Executive Order