Universal Disability Pass
The Universal Disability Pass (UDP) is a free lifetime pass that does not require renewal. Identification may be requested when the UDP is presented.
- The UDP allows the holder free lifetime entrance to public lands managed by the Department (parks, wildlife management areas, etc.) Pass also covers one additional person accompanying the cardholder.
- The UDP allows the holder to hunt from a vehicle under the ADA/504 program and COMAR 08.03.10.09 when possessing a valid MD hunting license. A companion may be in the vehicle with the pass holder but may not hunt from the vehicle.
The UDP does not cover automated gate entrance systems or service charges in parks, such as camping fees, boat launches and rentals, bus parking, or other concessions and special charges.
A licensed health care provider must confirm the qualifying disability. A special parking placard or registration plate issued by the Motor Vehicle Administration does not constitute disability status for the purpose of this pass.
- §504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended.
- A physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities of such individual;
- A record of such an impairment; or
- Being regarded as having such an impairment.
The term “disability” means, with respect to an individual:
(410) 260-3220 MD DNR Licensing & Registration Service (UDP)
(410) 260-3233 Sharon Maenner Carrick, Director
1804 West St Ste 300
Annapolis MD 21401