Since the 1998 pilot program, TEAM has annually recruited and trained volunteers to deliver our ever expanding services to schools around the State.
The TEAM program currently has 40 active volunteers working in public and private schools across the State. In 2013 TEAM provided over 250 programs for over 6,500 students in 70 schools from the Eastern Shore to Western Maryland.
Our volunteers come from different backgrounds, but all have a strong desire to help students understand and care for their natural environment. Their efforts provide an important link between DNR and schools around the state.
See "Volunteer" tabs (right-hand column) for next Training Dates.
Here's what teachers are saying
about TEAM DNR programs...
- "Activities were well planned, interactive, and enjoyable."
- "Reinforces everything I have discussed."
- "This is a wonderful education tool and the volunteers are an asset to the community."
- "The variety of activities and visuals kept the students' attention."
TEAM Volunteers and Students in Action...
Working to shape the next generation
of Maryland Citizens.
Two Exciting Programs
- Aquatic Resources Education
- ARE Grants
- Project Wet
- TEAM DNR
- Sunfish and Students
Raising Bluegills in the Classroom
- Trout in the Classroom
- Green Eggs & Sand
- Healthy Water,
- Hooked on Fishing
- Storm Drain Stenciling
- "Be a Part of Something BIG!"
- Full List of Programs
- Upcoming Events & Workshops
- Education Homepage
- Indicates that the program is now aligned with Marylandís new Environmental Literacy Standards!