How can I become a TEAM volunteer?
If you are interested in becoming a TEAM volunteer you need to do the following:
- Look at the volunteer description that details the duties of TEAM volunteers.
- Click here to fill out a TEAM volunteer application form and submit it electronically.
- Attend a 3-day Training Course given twice a year in February/March and in August. Dates for these are posted in late December and late June.
Volunteers are expected to attend all three trainings, as they each cover different modules or TEAM programs. Volunteers are expected to then observe in-school programs until they feel comfortable to team with another TEAM volunteer. Then, volunters are asked to do at least 4 separate program dates a year to remain active.
Currently, TEAM offers Maryland schools free classroom programs on the following topics:
- Chesapeake Bay Watershed
- Streams and Macroinvertebrates
- Oyster Reefs
- Horseshoe Crabs
- Chesapeake Watermen
- Aquatic Resources Education
- ARE Grants
- Project Wet
- TEAM DNR
- Sunfish and Students
Raising Bluegills in the Classroom
- Trout in the Classroom
- Green Eggs & Sand
- Healthy Water,
- Hooked on Fishing
- Storm Drain Stenciling
- "Be a Part of Something BIG!"
- Full List of Programs
- Upcoming Events & Workshops
- Education Homepage
- Indicates that the program is now aligned with Marylandís new Environmental Literacy Standards!