Costal Fisheries Program - Cooperative Projects
The Coastal Fisheries Project provides support to the projects listed below. Please go the activity's website to find out more about how the Coastal Fisheries Project is involved.
- Summer Flounder Catch Rate Survey
The first survey of its kind! This July and August, members of the Atlantic Coast Chapter of the Maryland Saltwater Sportsmen's Association (MSSA) are working with DNR Fisheries to determine summer flounder angler success in Maryland's coastal bays. Read more →
- Horseshoe Crab Spawning Survey with the Maryland Coastal Bays Program http://www.mdcoastalbays.org/
- Volunteer Angler Surveys provide an opportunity for recreational anglers to get involved with fisheries management. Data provided from recreational fishing trips helps fisheries managers characterize the catch and harvest. http://dnr.maryland.gov/fisheries/survey/vasurvey.html
- Maryland Artificial Reef Initiative (MARI) http://dnr.maryland.gov/fisheries/reefs/?page=history
- Coastal Atlas- The Coastal Atlas' Ocean mapping tool allows users to view ocean data and access tools to understand and balance multiple ocean uses, including shipping, offshore renewable energy, recreation and fishing. The Coastal Fisheries Project has worked with commercial and recreational fishermen to ensure that areas important to fishermen are represented accurately on the Coastal Atlas. http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/ccp/coastalatlas/