- December 14th – Martinak State Park to Host Santa’s Magic Workshop
- 12/16 - Deadline for Guaranteed Christmas Delivery for Purchases at DNR Outdoor Store
- Winter Issue of Habichat Now Online
- NRP Officers Play Santa’s Elves in ‘Shop with a Cop’ Program
- DNR Seeks Black Bear and Migratory Game Bird Stamp Designs
- Looking for Tips on Selecting the Perfect Holiday Tree?
- Winter Ice Breaking Operations Announced by DNR
- Maryland Grants Available for Coastal Hazard Preparedness
- DNR Names Kent County Duo Farmer of the Year
- New Germany State Park Sign Pays Tribute to Civilian Conservation Corps
- January 3rd Deadline for Maryland’s Top Clean Marina of 2013
- 12/14: Santa Chase! 2-Mile Fun Run, Walk or Jog - Martinak State Park
Candle luminary fun run through Martinak State Park. Sponsored by Caroline County Recreation & Parks to benefit the vision-care service mission of Lions International and its local Denton and Ridgely Lions Clubs, and the pet pantry at Caroline County Humane Society. Santa will be there - bring your "reindeer" canines! Prizes to the top male and female finishers in each age group, as well as top three runner/canine teams. Special recognition for the three most memorable holiday costumes - man or beast! All participants eligible for holiday-themed raffle prizes! $15/person (advance); $20/person (day of event); $50/Holiday 4 Discount; $20/runner & canine team. Register online at carolinerecreation.org
- 12/14: Sandy Point State Park Holiday Open House - Sandy Point State Park
For one night only, take a detour from 'Lights on the Bay' and join park staff for free crafts, hot chocolate, live animals, a bonfire and more!! Sandy Point State Park merchandise and local artisan crafts also available at special holiday prices - great gift ideas!! Entry fee into 'Lights on the Bay' is required. For more info call 410-974-2149. Cost: Lights on the Bay entry fee required
- 12/14 & 15: Monkton Holiday Open House - Gunpowder Falls State Park
Join a Park Ranger for winter nature and history interpretation at Monkton Station. Crafts, decoration station, and hot cider. Please call 410-592-2897 for more information. This event is FREE!
A central place for collecting and sharing materials and information about Trails in Maryland.
Check out class listings, sign up soon as classes fill up fast. Other safety education courses are also listed.
Bay restoration is a work in progress. Please help us in our efforts to reclaim the Chesapeake Bay.
DNR has the lead role in advancing the scientific understanding of Maryland’s vulnerability to climate change.