Firearms Safety Tips
- Treat every gun as if it were loaded. Watch the muzzle! Prepare to control the direction of the muzzle even if you stumble.
- Be sure the barrel and action are clear of obstructions and that you have only ammunition of the proper size for the gun you are carrying.
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it before you pull the trigger; know identifying features of the game you hunt.
- Unload guns when not in use. Take down or have actions open. Guns should be carried in cases to the shooting area.
- Never point a gun at anything you dont want to shoot or kill. Do not play with a firearm.
- Never climb a tree or jump a ditch with a loaded gun. Never pull the gun toward you by the muzzle.
- Never shoot a bullet at flat, hard surfaces or water.
- Store guns and ammunition separately, beyond the reach of children and careless adults. Consider using trigger locks.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and medications that cause drowsiness before or during use of a firearm.
- 03/07/14 - NRP Charges Five with Oyster Poaching
- 03/07/14 - NRP Blotter
- 01/16/14 - NRP Seizes Virginia Tractor-Trailer Carrying 50 Bushels of Undersized Oysters
- 01/10/14 - Montgomery County resident offers $1,000 reward through NRP for leads in bald eagle killing
- 01/07/14 - NRP Blotter
- 12/23/13 - NRP Blotter
- 12/20/13 - NRP Blotter
- 12/11/13 - NRP Blotter
- 12/2/13 - NRP Blotter: Firearms Season Opener
- 11/15/13 - NRP Blotter
- 11/14/13 - Boating Accident Claims Life of Essex Man
- 11/12/13 - NRP Blotter
- 11/8/13 - NRP Blotter
- 11/5/13 - NRP Charges Four Men with Catching Undersized Rockfish
- 10/22/13 - NRP Charges Three Men with Hunting Out of Season
- 10/17/13 - NRP Charges Two Rock Hall Watermen with Poaching in Oyster Sanctuary
- 10/1/13 - Body of Missing Salisbury Angler Recovered
- 9/23/13 - Garrett County Man Cited for Hunting Violations
- 9/23/13 - NRP Responds to Boat Fire on the Sassafras River
- 9/12/13 - Cambridge Boy Dies in Swimming Accident
- 9/9/13 - Body of Pennsylvania Man Recovered from Bush River
- 9/6/13 - NRP Seizes More Than 200 Undersized Bass
General Information: 410-260-8880
Boating & Hunter