Protecting Maryland’s natural resources, public lands, waterways and people through proactive and responsive law enforcement services with courtesy, integrity, dedication and professionalism.
Maryland Natural Resources Police (NRP) Core Values
NRP personnel will be committed to the following core values to guide their conduct:
- INTEGRITY - Employees shall:
- Uphold the public trust by being honest.
- Maintain the highest standards of ethical and moral character.
- Obey all laws.
- COURTESY - Employees shall:
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity and in an unbiased manner.
- Refrain from responses of uncontrolled anger when dealing with a citizen, an NRP employee, or others.
- Protect constitutional rights through impartial enforcement of the law.
- DEDICATION - Employees shall:
- Provide dedicated and compassionate assistance to citizens.
- Promote leadership, cooperation and assistance to the NRP and its employees.
- Aspire to improve service, the quality of life and partnership with the community.
- Obey NRP rules, regulations and procedures.
- PROFESSIONALISM - Employees shall:
- Present a neat, clean, and professional appearance.
- Perform duties in an accurate and timely manner.
- Utilize appropriate and respectful language when dealing with citizens, NRP employees, or others.
- Never use unnecessary force or violence.
- Furnish name, identification number and duty assignment to any person properly entitled to this information.
- Obey all lawful orders.
- 11/18/14 - NRP Blotter
- 11/14/14 - NRP Charges Watermen, Hunters with Natural Resources Violations
- 10/29/14 - Baltimore Man Dies After Falling From Tree Stand in Dorchester County
- 10/26/14 - Allegany County Man Found Guilty of Black Bear, Deer Hunting Charge
- 09/29/14 - NRP Uses State Police Helicopter to Catch Illegal Clammers
- 09/26/14 - NRP Charges Two Pennsylvania Hunters with Baiting Deer
- 09/22/14 - NRP Charges another Charter Captain with Operating Illegally
- 09/18/14 - NRP Charges Two with Fishing, Crabbing Crimes; Penalties Could Total $200,000
- 09/15/14 - NRP Charges Two Men with Illegal Hunting in Allegany and Frederick Counties
- 09/09/14 - NRP Continues Its “Don’t Get Pinched” Campaign to Catch Illegal Crabbers
- 09/08/14 - NRP Charges 10 Men with Riding Off-Road Vehicles on Protected State Land
- 09/05/14 - NRP, Coast Guard Shut Down Three Kent Island Charter Boats
- 09/03/14 - NRP Reports Labor Day Holiday Celebrated Safely
- 08/27/14 - NRP Blotter
- 08/18/14 - NRP Responds to Two Serious Boating Accidents
- 08/12/14 - NRP Blotter
- 08/04/14 - NRP’s “Don’t Get Pinched” Campaign Nets Violators Across Maryland
- 08/04/14 - NRP Blotter
- 08/01/14 - Two Tilghman Island Watermen Plead Guilty to Poaching Striped Bass
- 07/21/14 - NRP Wins Conservation, Boating Court Cases
- 07/17/14 - NRP Blotter
General Information: 410-260-8880
Boating & Hunter