Recreational Fisheries Enforcement
The Natural Resources Police (NRP) enforces the laws and regulations that protect the fisheries resources sought after by recreational anglers. One hundred and fifty thousand (150,000) recreational anglers are inspected each year by officers to ensure compliance to the recreational fisheries laws and regulations. Size limits, creel limits, seasons and species gender are some of the laws and regulations that are enforced to ensure the sustainability of Marylandís tidal and non-tidal fisheries.
For more information about recreational fishing in Maryland please visit the Fisheries Service area on the DNR website.
- 6/4/13 - NRP Blotter
- 4/15/13 - NRP Participates in Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- 4/10/13 - Natural Resources Court Program Expands
- 3/19/13 - Governor O'Malley Congratulates NRP on 145th Anniversary
- 3/12/13 - NRP Blotter
- 1/30/13 - NRP Blotter
- 1/29/13 - NRP Rescues Two from Deep Creek Lake
- 1/29/13 - NRP Blotter
- 1/29/13 - Maryland Wild Turkey Federation Honors NRP Officer
- 1/7/13 - NRP Blotter
General Information: 410-260-8880
Boating & Hunter