Voluntary Environmental Guidelines Recommended for Golf Courses in Worchester County and the DelMarVa Peninsula
The voluntary guidelines booklet prepared by Worcester County is now available. It contains not only the guidelines, developed by a working group of experts, but also detailed information on the permitting processes relevant to Worcester County and to Maryland, as well as additional general resource information. Download the
For more information, contact:
How Big is the Bay?
The Chesapeake Bay is about 200 miles long. At the Bay Bridge near Annapolis, it is only 4 miles across, but it is 30 miles across at the widest point near the mouth of the Potomac River.
Chesapeake Bay Hotline
Call 1-877-224-7229to report any of the following
- Boating accident or reckless activity
- Fish kill or algal bloom
- Floating debris that poses a hazard to navigation
- Illegal fishing activity
- Public sewer leak or overflow
- Oil or hazardous material spill
- Critical area or wetlands violation
- Suspicious or unusual activity